A Small Favor?



Hi guys--I hope you don't mind me asking, but I could sure use a teensy bit of help! I've written a prologue for my current Middle Grade novel, and I need to know what the reader understands from it.

I don't want to say more than that, and I'm sorry to be cryptic, but I would hugely appreciate a few people who would be willing to give it a read (it's a single scene, just over 800 words) and tell me their impression. I need to know if it's confusing or not. So, just a reader's first impression, that's it!

If you have a few minutes to take a quick read today or tonight, just mail me and I'll fire it off to you. If you don't have time, no worries. I know we're all busy and not everyone can do such a quick, last minute request. 

Thanks so much!

Ange

EDITED TO ADD: Holy Bananas! In the time it took me to rustle up some food for the kiddies, a ton of emails came in. So THANK YOU ALL, and I'll email everyone ASAP.  

I should have enough feedback now, so I'll CLOSE this request for feedback. Thanks to everyone who responded. You guys are great!

9 comments:

rental elf said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Jeanne said...

Such an adorable picture! Wow!

Tara Lindsay Hall said...

Aw dang I was excited to see it too! ;)

Hope you got what you needed! Sometimes another pair of eyes can be very helpful!

~Tara

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Angela....just came across this post now, wasn't online for few days. I see that you have closed the request, I was going to offer to read the prologue. :)

tracikenworth said...

Glad you found someone/s. I missed this but would be happy to in the future in you needed.

Angela Ackerman said...

Aw thanks everyone! You guys are all the best. I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help me on this one. Have a great weekend!

Angela

Lisa Gail Green said...

Ack! Sorry! I was MIA or would have responded. I've been in the writing cave. Glad you had lots of offers!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Well, I totally missed this opportunity, but I'm so glad lots of people responded quickly. If you ever need a reader in the future, please don't hesitate to email me. It would be my pleasure. : )

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Wow, I missed this one (not sure how).

Angela, you know you just have to email me and ask. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...