Coming Soon: Sci-fi Settings!


My intent with the Setting Thesaurus has always been to create a resource for sensory description that can span all genres.

Up until now, Science Fiction locations like space ships, space ports, laboratories etc have not been featured because the knowledge needed to write them is specific. I can admit it--I am out of my element in this area. However, I didn't want to ignore these imaginative places, so I sent out a call for help.

I am pleased to announce that we will be adding several Sci-fi settings to the setting Thesaurus thanks to the brainpower of Liana Brooks!

I know that for many of my followers, Liana is no stranger. For those who have yet to discover the awesomeness that is Liana, she has a strong gift for Sci-fi and is dedicated to providing strong blog content to help fellow writers. Her blog is a not-to-be missed resource!

So in the coming weeks, look for these SF related settings! And if you have a specific location you would like Liana to consider, please post it in the comments.

11 comments:

Danyelle said...

Has anyone told you that you are beyond awesome today? :D

Stephanie Thornton said...

I don't write scifi, but I'll be interested to see the entries!

Angela said...

Danyelle, not today! But yesterday we agreed to share the title of Awesomeness, so that goes a long way!

Stephanie, I know Liana's going to come up with some great stuff that can probably be applied to different situations, so we all win, Sci-fi writers or no.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Most definitely cool!

Kelly said...

I'm sure they will be out of this world!! :)

Hazardgal said...

I write fantasy more than anything so this will be great!

PJ Hoover said...

Whoa! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better! Yay!

Erica said...

So cool! Can't wait to see what you guys came up with :o)

Bish Denham said...

Awesome! I'm looking forward to being transported.

courtney said...

Yay! Welcome to The Bookshelf Muse, Liana! & Thanks, Angela, for making The Bookshelf Muse such a great resource for all writers. :)

Rhiannon Hart said...

I just found my way over from Sara at Babbling flow (possibly took the scenic route) and I have to say, lovely blog! I am especially looking forward to this sci-fi feature as my reading is branching out that way and so will my writing soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...