Emotion Thesaurus Entry: Resentment

·Lips pinched together
·Spinning away in a huff
·Refusing to apologize, or giving a forced apology
·Rolling one's eyes
·A dark look, giving someone the "stink eye"
·Displaying anger (shoving someone, breaking something)
·Shouting, "Fine then!" or "Whatever!" or even "I hate you!"
·Locking oneself into a bedroom or bathroom
·Showing defiance (not doing homework, refusing to help out or do chores, refusing to eat)
·Experiencing vengeful thoughts towards others
·Angry tears
·A desire to spoil other peoples' moods
·Cattiness
·Pretending to zone out to an iPod or TV in order to avoid a question



Good news! This sample has been expanded and streamlined into book form! The full list of physical, internal, and mental cues for this and 74 other emotions can be found in The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Expression, available for purchase at AmazonBarnes & NobleiTunes, and Smashwords. The PDF is also downloadable via the Paypal button in the sidebar. 



6 comments:

Just_Me said...

Gee... I have a character who acts just like this...

:o)

PJ Hoover said...

Love it! You've nailed it again.
And I love how you include things that would take more than one sentence to say. Like refusing to do chores and stuff like that!

Angela said...

Ha, I have kids! This one was pretty easy for me, once I got going. I just took a stroll down Memory Lane...

Kate said...

Have you been spying on my nine-year-old? Good list! (As always)

Mary Witzl said...

Ah, yes -- you've got it down right once again, but this emotion I know well! This one I too could write out in my sleep. One of the big advantages of having a couple of teenage daughters...

Julie Musil said...

I love telling you when I use these pages, and I just used this one! Thanks for being a life (and manuscript) saver :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...