Emotion Thesaurus Entry: Excited/Elated

·High color, a flushed appearance
·Slam-dunking trash into a barrel after a game or event (guys)
·Jumping up and down
·Making fists and doing an exaggerated shake close to the body (running in place)
·Doing a victory dance
·Not caring what others think, a lack of self consciousness, enjoying the moment
·Enjoying communal happiness, feeling part of the crowd
·A warm glow expanding throughout the body
·Heightened senses
·Cold fingers, numbness, shock
·Speed-talking with heads close together (girls)
·Throaty laughter
·Impatience
·Getting the giggles
·A distinct walk, a fast-paced strut

Enthusiasm is closely related to Excited/Elated. If you need more ideas on how to express this emotion, have a look here.



Good news! This sample has been expanded and streamlined into book form! The full list of physical, internal, and mental cues for this and 74 other emotions can be found in The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Expression, available for purchase at AmazonBarnes & NobleiTunes, and Smashwords. The PDF is also downloadable via the Paypal button in the sidebar. 

8 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

I am so excited it's Thursday and I get another Emotion Thesaurus post. I'm jumping up and down crushing beer cans over here!
Oh, wait, I'm not a guy, and I only tried crushing a beer time like once back in college. So instead, let's see...I'm doing a victory dance!

Angela said...

LOL, I once saw a guy try to crush one of those old five-alive cans with the hard ridge like you would a beer can. He gave himself a concussion, and the can was unharmed.

I'll victory dance with you..it's safer. :)

Marcia said...

Thanks for another Emotion Thesaurus installment!

Lapillus said...

Yay! Another great installment. I came looking for something like this last week. The enthusiasm one helped but this is even better for what I was looking for!

Just_Me said...

:o)

Becca said...

*dances without beer cans*

The Rejection Queen said...

Good list. I always use the thesaur...to express emotion

Kelly H-Y said...

I so appreciate your blog ... this post, from a few years ago, just helped me out a TON!!! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...