One word: Brrrrrr

Yes, I live in Canada.

Yes, it can get cold here.

But can we all agree that waking up to -45 celcius (with the wind chill) is a bit much?

The sad thing is, this is BALMY compared to yesterday's -48. My garage door refuses to open and my dog refuses to move farther than 3 feet from the door to do her business...on our deck. GAH!

This extreme cold is unusual for my corner of Canada, but I do recall that LaNina experts did say this would be one of the coldest winters on record for us. I'm positively looking forward to tomorrow's forcast, which puts us at a mere -25.

I hear laughter coming from Florida...Becca!

10 comments:

Becca said...

I'm surprised you could hear me. I can barely hear myself, with the wind blasting through my open windows on my way to the beach.

...

Yikes. That was rude, even for me.

deb said...

first, LOL!, on Becca.

Angela, I'm in southern Alberta. I keep waiting for a chinook to hit. It's not here yet, but we are at balmy -32 without the wind chill.

Catherine J Gardner / Phoenix Rendell said...

You have my sympathy... I hate the cold, I hate the snow... When will it be summer again?

courtney said...

Oh, Canada.... :)

Get warm soon!

Angela said...

*glares at Becca*

Thanks for everyone's sympathy--believe it or not, it does help! I'm drinking a lot of hot coffee and tea today.

Thomas Kingsley Troupe said...

It's -14 here in Minnesota and I was all complain-y, too.

This is downright tropical compared to ol' Canada.

Sheesh. Hats off to you...

(actually, keep that hat on. you know, for warmth)

Angela said...

-14? That seems like shorts weather to me, lol.

The high today is -9! Oh joy, oh happy days!

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Yay! It's over! Now it's just ... um, normal cold.

*I think we should all gang up on Becca and throw her in a snowbank*

Angela said...

I keep trying to convince her to come up for a visit so I can do just that, but she keeps throwing the lame-o 'I'm pregnant' excuse.

*rolls eyes*

Becca said...

Actually, I'm in Jersey right now. It's 35 degrees and sleeting. Does that count?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...